Day 5 of the Home Preschool Jump Start Special Training
Yesterday you learned how to create your own DIY lesson plans. Today we’ll look at the option of choosing prepared lesson plans instead of making them yourself.
As promised we’re providing you with four weeks of lesson plan options to choose from. You can either select individual ones you want to try based on your child’s preferences or use them in a sequence like this:
1) Five Senses-a great introduction to early science skills
2) Seeds-use seeds to learn a variety of math, science and literacy skills
3) Apples-build on your knowledge of seeds by learning about apples
4) Ten Apples Up on Top-use this popular children’s book as the basis for a week of hands-on learning
Each lesson plan packet includes multiple lesson plan formats that you can either use as is or modify to match the lesson plan template you created.
Today’s goal: Select the lesson plan you want to use first and prepare materials to get started.
1) Review the lesson plan packets provided.
2) Select a lesson plan (either your DIY version or a lesson plan packet) to use for your first week of home preschool. Print it out.
3) Decide on a start date for home preschool.
4) Gather your materials and get started!
Additional reading (optional):
In the Create Lesson Plans section you’ll find tips for creating weekly lesson plans.
Printable templates and planning sheets:
YOU DID IT! Congratulations!
This series was jam packed with actionable items to help you get started quickly, and you didn’t give up. We hope you’re feeling ready to start, and we can’t wait to hear how your first weeks of home preschool go. Please be sure to email us or come share in the Home Preschool Help Facebook group.
While we did our best to cover the most essential aspects of getting started with home preschool quickly, we realize there are so many more aspects to explore. If you’re not already a VIP member and you’re still looking for more information we hope you’ll join us in the Home Preschool 101 Membership community.