The themes in the Hands-on at Home Preschool Curriculum are designed to be interest based. As such they do not follow a required sequence. Instead you may pick and choose which order you’d like to follow based on your child’s interests.
33 Home Preschool Lesson Plans
Below is an alphabetical list of the 33 themes included in your Year of Hands-on at Home Preschool Themes Bundle.
All Home Preschool 101 Lesson Plan Packs include:
- A week’s worth (or more depending on how you break it up) of hands-on learning activities related to a specific theme or topic
- Specialty Materials List
- List of Activity Ideas for Areas Including Math, Science, Literacy, Read Alouds, Arts and Crafts, Fine Motor and Sensory Play, and More-At least 30 recommendations in every pack!
- Skills Checklist Noting Which Skills Are Taught Through Each Activity
- Recommended Book List
- Full-Day Suggested Lesson Plan
- Half-Day Suggest Lesson Plan
- Activity Descriptions
- Suggested Activities that Toddlers Can Also Take Part in
- Independent Activity Options for Centers, Work Boxes, or Independent Play Time-Typically 6-12 additional independent activity ideas per pack
In each theme you will also find related printables like emergent readers and learning games. While we do not recommend using worksheets frequently with young children, we do find that a few well-designed printables are helpful to support various learning goals and save you some prep time.
However, if you prefer not to print the extra printables many of the activities can be either hand-drawn on copy paper or butcher paper, or you may do a similar activity with materials you have on hand using the general concept of the activity description.
In addition to 33 home preschool lesson plans sets, this bundle includes…
Quick Start Guide
- The complete theme list in alphabetical order
- A recommended 9-month pacing guide theme breakdown
- A recommended 12-month pacing guide theme breakdown
- Tips for making the most of FLEX weeks
- Lesson plan overview
- Tips for making the most of read alouds
Complete Guide to Getting Started with Home Preschool
For those interested in an even more in-depth background and training, we’ve also included the 107-page Guide to Getting Started with Home Preschool. Read it cover to cover or pick and choose sections that relate to specific areas you’d like to know more about.
Inside you’ll find…
- Information about preschool skills and the basics of preschool literacy, math, and science goals, as well as additional skills like fine motor, gross motor, and social emotional development.
- Tips and templates for outlining a home preschool schedule that fits your personal family needs and preferences
- Sample schedules
- Tips for getting and organizing materials
- Printable assessment checklist to monitor progress, if desired